Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Last Lost Continent // La Dispute

I has a dream a couple weeks ago that I never recovered from....

I am on a rooftop talking and chatting. Laughing with two girls.
A women climbs up the ladder. She's wearing these purple roller skates....the kids kind with the straps.
I'm thinking that this women is dumb and she asks me something that I can't remember.
I think I am laughing..."who on earth would do that on a roof. She better stay away from the edge.
She leaves, climbing down those same steps from which she came.
We are talking more and the entertainment has passed.
I look to the right at the sole building next to us that is taller and a weird beige color.
There stands the women sans-skates at the edge, arms spread like wings.
No fear, no hesitation, a great deal of ease.
She slowly tilts over the edge before falling to her death.
I dare not look over the edge.

Why did i laugh? Why didn't I stop? I wake up petrified. Dream embedded in my brain among fragments of broken ones.

Is this a sign to save someone? // is there grace in a steeple collapsing?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to Know Me<3

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States